TAKING CARE OF YOUR FEET By Sally I. Kennedy

The Lord said ..get ready to cross..into the land…I will give you every place where you set your foot Joshua 1:1-3

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Grabbing a quick bite to eat before getting back in the car, I struck up a conversation with a cheery woman in the café. I commented on her nifty silver sneakers. She replied, “They are so comfortable, and I have to be on my feet all day. I used to work with horses, and you know what they always say (I didn’t), if you don’t take care of their feet then the horse won’t be worth anything.”

I wondered, “How important are good shoes for the wellbeing of our feet, and for us in general?” If shoes hurt my feet, it’s a miserable feeling. Plus it incapacitates me getting around.

Later that morning I was donning my spiritual clothing for the day, the armor of God (Eph 6). When I got to the feet part, it grabbed me – put on the sandals, the shoes, of peace.

Jesus Himself is our Peace (Eph. 2:14) when we are walking in His shoes we live a life of forgiveness, kindness, honesty, love, and peace.

Taking care of my feet is absolutely important! Not a problem, with the right kind of, right-fitting, one-size-fits-all shoes of Peace.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP