PEN PALS By Sally I. Kennedy

A long time ago, in a far away land (elementary school), I recall somewhat vaguely a class project where we all had pen pals in another country. Summer vacations and trips, too, provided opportunities for pen pals for my sister and me. The letters would fly back and forth for a few months with our new best friends.

A few years ago, I received an email from one of my favorite pen pals. Deborah replied to an inspirational message I’d written that had been published. She wrote a lengthy, encouraging note. I was drawn to her, and to her spirit.

So I emailed her back. Thus began a special friendship with someone I know only through correspondence. Someday we will meet; meanwhile we write about our families, our work, and our faith. It never ceases to amaze me how she continually blesses me with her insightful comments and prayers. It is as though the Lord himself speaks through her at times.

There’s another person I’ve not yet met who also blesses me in measureless ways. His name used to be Saul. After some interesting experiences, God changed it to Paul. He wrote these epistles that are in the Bible. Sometimes I think he wrote the letters just for me.

The Bible was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Now there is my forever pen pal. That is good news.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP