NO NAME TAGS By Sally I. Kennedy

I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. Isaiah 49:15-16

Saturday morning, and I decided to try and beat the crowd to the grocery store. I was in line to pay, and overheard a customer telling the cashier that she had just gotten back from a trip to her class reunion. She bubbled explaining how much fun it was to see people from “’way back then”. As she continued on about how much everyone had changed, etc., she said, “In fact, it’s a good thing we had name tags,
or we might not have known each other!”

Time does have a way of doing that. Isn’t it good to know that there’s someone who will always know us, even without name tags........no matter how life, or aging, may have changed our appearances?

We are told, in Jeremiah 1:5, that our wonderful heavenly Father has known us since before “’way back when”. He always recognizes us. And, He is filled with delight every time He looks at us! That’s good news.

Thank you, Lord, that you always have my name written on the palm of your hand. Thank you that I am continually on your mind, and that you will never ever forget me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP