GROW UP! by Melanie Schurr

"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways." 1 Corinthians 13:10

When my children were younger, while my husband and I gave them various chores to do around the house so they would learn responsibility, we understood that their abilities could only go so far. However, when they became teens, I expected more from our children because I knew their level of maturity had increased.

Now that Aaron and Lindsey are now nineteen and twenty, their dad and I hold them to greater accountability.

So too does our Heavenly Father understand that, with the passing of time, should also come an increase in learning, wisdom and knowledge, for man cannot stay a babe forever.

Unfortunately, some of us may grow in body and years, yet there is little change in maturity of mind. I am sure we all may know someone who makes the same mistakes year in and year out, blaming their misfortunes on others, and refusing to take responsibility for their own actions and behaviors.

My dear friends, today is the day to grow up and set aside that part of us whose immaturity is keeping us away from God and godliness.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP