FRESH By Sally I. Kennedy

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord. Acts 3:19

Showered and pressed, I felt fresh as a crisp autumn morning. I arrived at the airport early. With few people in line at that hour, getting through check-in and the scanners was smooth and quick.

At the newstand, I went in to get a new paperback mystery and a candy bar, then headed down the concourse. Soon the smell of grease was strong. It hung heavy in the stale airport air. Looking around, I saw a fast-food shop, still closed. The poorly ventilated restaurant was the culprit.

My gate was across the aisle. As I sat there I could sense that odor permeating my clothes and hair. I had started out clean, but it wasn't going to last long. I'd need another shower by the time I arrived at the conference hotel.

I thought of how, spiritually, I can be determined, purposed, cleaned up and refreshed, and how it doesn't last that long. Just about daily I have to renew my determination, etc.

The Bible has great wisdom and wonderful practical advice on many things, including this subject. Yes, I want to choose spiritual refreshing, so I'll be fresh as a crisp autumn morning, from the inside out.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP