STAIRS NO WHERE By Sally I. Kennedy

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. 2 Samuel 22:31 Psalm 18

The wooden stairs appeared to lead up off the decking to something beyond, but what? Thick brushy mangroves bulged around the edges of the planking. As far as I could see from where I was standing, however, the stairs led to nowhere.

I’ve been there….. on rabbit trails that take you to a dead end. On stairs that lead to nowhere. It just seemed I was getting somewhere, somewhere meaningful at that. In the end it was no more than like running on a hamster wheel. Maybe you can relate.

One of the best examples of intentionally mapping a route and following it is reading the Bible. It is the best roadmap for living there is. There are thousands, probably millions, of books that purport the same, yet none has stood the test of time like the Word of God.

I’ve heard it said that if you have no where in particular you’re going that you’ll probably get there. The Bible, not stairs to nowhere.

That’s good news.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP