BENT DOWN By Sally I. Kennedy

A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. Isaiah 42:3, Matthew 12:20

Packing up the decorations from Christmas and the holidays, I began to feel a bit weary, and bent down. Not really tired, although there had been a lot of extra things going on during the month of December. A warm, grateful feeling, yet still a bit weary.

I was wondering what was going on, why I would feel overwhelmed all of a sudden, when the thought occurred to me that I might be stepping into the future.

Thinking and planning can absolutely get me feeling overwhelmed. One day at a time is definitely the ticket for me. The bible says to not worry about the future, because each day has enough “troubles” of its own! (Matthew 6:34)

Just as snow can fall on an evergreen tree, and a sturdy branch can become bent down with the weight of the snow, the branch doesn’t break. Things do, and will, come into our lives, but we can bear up as we give them to the Lord.

Lord, whenever I feel a bit weary, and bent down, please help me to remember that You died to carry our burdens….burdens, cares, and concerns of all kinds. Thank You, Lord! In Jesus’ name, amen.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP