CLOSINGS By Sally I. Kennedy

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I was feeling like life is just one big series of closings. Dissolution of the corporation earlier this year was now playing out. Each letter that came, each call seemed one more loose end to tie up with the goodbye package. I felt sad.

"Is it true?" I mused. Is it all about endings?

In a flash, the now, as well as near future, popped into mind. Aha. Yes. Big sigh. This is OK. This is good. This is just how it is supposed to be.

Things move out, make way for something else. It is a fact of physics that two things cannot inhabit one space simultaneously. So closings happen. And good they do, for how else could openings happen? In the oft-quoted scripture verse from Jeremiah, God really does have a plan for me, for us, and it is good. So today I'll gratefully go with it, and go with God.

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP