VACANT PAGES By Marion Smith

At one time my daughter pursued a second career. Besides being a first grade teacher, she decided to sell scrapbook/ photo albums, and teaching folks how to organize and enjoy their boxes of saved photos. The initial class starts, and most women who attend buy a blank photo album. All pages empty- ready to fill with saved memories. I had a lifetime of photos and trip memorabilia which I was ready to categorize and paste. I filled my multiple albums with photos of family and friends which reminded me of relationships through the years-many of them now gone. There were travel photos and keepsakes, photos depicting accomplishments, and pictures of nature which seemed important to me at one time. All the photos showed me things of temporary happiness and short lived beauty.

Temporary is fine, as long as we realize it for just what it is-something which lasts only for a little while. It is wonderful to go back through the years and review happy moments, but each heart longs for something, or someone, who will be there forever. I know just that someone.. God . That longing in our heart for that someone is explained in the Bible, in Ecclesiastes 3:11. It says, “God has set eternity in the hearts of men.” Eternity is not temporary or fleeting. It is forever, and we have someone to share it with. It begins when we realize this fact, and lasts forever.

God can fill the empty pages of our heart’s blank album with all that He is. He is eternal and never ending,, and you can have a love relationship with Him starting today---- it will last forever!!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP