MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL By Francis J. Kong

One businessman complained and said:

"The other night, my wife and I were going out for dinner."

She put on eyebrow pencil, eye shadow, eyeliner, eyelashes, mascara, toner, blush and lipstick, then turned to me and said, "Does this look natural?"

Men find it hard to understand women and that's the beauty behind it, the mystery of discovery.

Another one said, "Today is the fifth anniversary of my wife's 39th birthday."

Now you tell me whether you can understand that or not.

Have you ever watched Fashion TV?

When I was still with the garments industry my wife and I watched a great deal of them and I realized that we were watching many of the world's most beautiful women. The clothes may not be great all the time but when these women wear it and walk with it, the beauty comes out. The next thing I discovered is that many fresh and young faces would walk the ramp. And it's only a matter of time before the once hot faces disappear from the scene only to be replaced by the younger ones.

NO amount of cosmetics could ever fight off a woman's terror and trepidation: aging. Age catches up with everyone and there's no exception to the rule.

One woman I know who is in her mid-forties prohibits her children to call her mom. She commanded that all of her grown up kids call her Auntie…and of course it breaks the children's hearts. I wonder how long she could stay in the stage of denial. Yes. Some people live in denial and somebody says it correctly that denial is not a river in Egypt.

Vanity? A refusal to face one's real age?

Mirror…mirror on the wall, who's the prettiest of them all?

What an unforgettable scene in the immortal Disney Classic Snow White.

Are women vain?

Some are of course and then some are not.

Today there are many men who are vain too. Look at the rise of cosmetic products for men.

The cosmetics industry is a major money making industry this is itself would reveal the fact that men and women do pay a lot of attention to how they look.

It is important to look good especially when you are in the work place.

In my seminars I always warn my audience to be wary of speakers who say otherwise. When you hear speakers tell you that "beauty is not important…I can assure you that the speaker is ugly."

Of course beauty is important and we have to make ourselves presentable.

The way we look represent the company we are working for.

But looking good is not as important as being good in person and character.

I got me an article that deals with this issue.

The title is How Females Look in the Mirror.

Age 8: Looks at herself and sees herself as Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty.

Age 15: Looks at herself and sees herself as Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty/Cheerleader or sees fat/Ugly. (Mom I can't go to school looking like this!)

Age 20: Looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too/short/too tall, too straight/too curly" — but decides she's going anyway.

Age 30: Looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too
tall, too straight/too curly" but decides she doesn't have time to fix
it, so she goes anyway.

Age 40: Looks at herself and sees "too fat/ too thin, too short/to
tall too straight/too curly"- but says: "At least I'm
clean" and goes anyway.

Age 50: Looks at herself and sees "I am" and goes wherever she wants
to.

Age 60: Looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who
can't even see themselves in the mirror anymore. Goes out and conquers
the world.

Age 70: Looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes
out and enjoys life.

Age 80: Doesn't bother to look. Just puts on a purple hat and goes out
to have fun with the world.

That's the way to live life.

But why wait until 80 to develop this great attitude?

Beauty is in the character not on the skin.

A wise guy says: Beauty always comes from within—within jars, tubes,
and compacts. That's not what I mean.

A French proverb says: Beauty without virtue is a flower without
perfume.

True beauty is that which reflects the beauty of Her Maker.

A godly life and a great positive disposition.

Who can resist such charm?

You don't need those low waist-hip hugging-panty revealing jeans to be
beautiful.

Show the love of Christ and exhibit His character by being a woman of
virtue and I can assure you you're beautiful anytime all the time.

So relax. Be happy and be beautiful.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP