WHEREVER WE ARE By Sally I. Kennedy

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

The night was still. Not a breath of air stirring. Just a few chirpy insects awake.

A crescent moon played peekaboo behind milky clouds, pale and fluorescent. Lightning flashed in the distance; a rapid succession of heavenly electricity, making the murky skies seem mystical and magical.

“How incredibly, breathtakingly beautiful!”, I thought. “How dramatic. How magnificent!”.

I’d just gotten back from a long awaited trip. I experienced such majestic beauty in the mountains. It was amazing, God’s handiwork in such awesome ways.

When I arrived home, I was struck by how truly beautiful it was outside, right there behind my house that evening. Once again I was overwhelmed with the grandeur of God.

I’ve said it before, there is beauty ‘in our own back yards’. Wherever we are, there the Lord is. And in the presence of the Lord is fullness of joy, beauty, and peace.

If we can’t see anything around us, right where we are, God is still there. His presence is awesome and filled with glory.

Open my eyes, Lord, that I might see, your beauty and wonder all around me, wherever I am. In Jesus’ name!


Sally I. Kennedy, ©2008
Irish Thursdays Weekly Devotionals,
http://www.sallyikennedy.com

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP