TAKE IT WITH YOU By Sally I. Kennedy

Take it with you and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Eph 6:17

Most days when I leave home I have my cell phone glued to me. In the unlikely event that I forget to take it with me, I turn around and go back and get it if possible.

For a lot of years I got along fine without a cellular phone. “What’s so important about having it now”, I asked myself just this week, “especially all the time?” There is something more important to have when I leave home – or even at home. Armor, spiritual armor.

When Paul wrote a letter to the people at a church in Ephesus, he closed it with an important wrap-up, instructions on putting on this armor, and what it’s for. You never know what a day will bring. It is a more-than-good idea to not leave home without it, your spiritual armor.

‘A final word... put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared..hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.’ Ephesians 6: 10-17

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP