THE WAY OUT By Sally I. Kennedy

Enter through the narrow gate…wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it…small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

The way in was a piece of cake. Go over the small bridge, follow one trail, then another where it forked off.

We sort of wandered and just kept going; it was interesting. Pretty soon we were at a place, on the mountain, we'd never come to before. Ooh, the waterfall! This was great.

Took awhile for me to even think about leaving. It was fun, it was exciting! But as I tired, and got thirsty, I was ready to get out of there. Shadows were longer. It began to feel as if a storm was gathering. I sure didn't want to get caught in a thunder and lightning downpour way out there.

Yup, sticky and sweaty, ready to get back to the parking lot to the car, grab a bottle of water. Hmm, was it this fork we took? No, didn't think so. Did not look familiar at all.

One turn, another turn. Oh gosh, where was that trail??! I was wishing we'd done a `Hansel and Gretel' thing, and strewn breadcrumbs on our way in. But then, the mountain jays and chipmunks would probably have made off with them by now.

Eventually, the path narrowed. Oh yes, there it was! That little bridge leading out. Still there.

Happy ending to story. It made me think about how easy it is to find my way into things (situations, relationships, etc), and sometime how not so easy to find my way out. I believe, the Lord is the answer to finding the Way out.

That is good news.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP