TASTE TEST By Sally I. Kennedy

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

We pulled into a packed parking lot and looked for a slot. The turnpike stop had an eye-catching fruit stand out front.

As I was eyeing the juicy looking clementines, the salesperson encouraged me,“Take a taste!” She held out a plate of cut samples.

I did’t need much pressuring. Now the taste test; it was as delicious as it was pretty to look at. We bought a bag, and opened them as soon as we got back on the
hightway. Separating the sections of the orange, I ate a pice still attached to the peel. The fruit was seedless, sweet, but inside the peel was bitter. The acrid taste lingered.

The bible verse popped into my mind, “Taste and see that the Lord is good”. (Psalm 34:8) Then another, “Test the spirits to see whether thay are from God” (1 John 4:1), because “Even the elect (believers) can be deceived”. (Matthew 24)

Just because something is a good thing doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a ‘God thing’. In addition to choices between not good and good, there are sometimes choices between good, better, and best. Lord, help me today to make wise choices. In Jesus’ name! Amen.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP