CHANGE IS GOOD By Melanie Schurr

My life has taken an interesting sudden change. As my children have both flown the nest, and it is now just my husband and I, I could not deny I missed that nurturing side of me that still had so much more to give. I don't recall exactly how the idea of being a "nanny" came upon me, but the thought of making a little extra cash at something I knew I'd be good at was appealing.

It wasn't long before I found someone who was seeking exactly what I had to offer, but I cannot deny that the first week of taking care of an eight week old infant was not without its difficulties. Not only had many facets of child care changed since my own now adult children were little, but I was also now approaching it as a forty-seven year old woman, not an energetic twenty-something.

By the end of the day, I was pooped!

However, in a very short time, it all began to come back to me; all those little tricks and skills us mothers learn by way of hands-on experience. I also noticed that being around a young child again caused me to have a rekindled appreciation of new life, along with a sense of meaning and purpose for my life now as a more mature woman. "I have the ability to teach this child," I thought. "I hope that I can become a positive light in her life."

Sometimes change can be frightening or difficult. However, all change for the better is always a step in the right direction!

What about you?

Is there something in your life you need to change, get rid of, stop doing or break ties with?

Today is the day to make the change!

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP