OUTSIDE THE BOX By Sally I. Kennedy

It was great to be away on vacation, away from the hustle and bustle of home. What did I want to do? I was enjoying just contemplating the question.

“Go outside”, I found myself answering my own question. I had to laugh at that reply! It reminded me of when I was young, and all I ever wanted to do was go outside.

Outside. What a wonderful place. You never knew what might happen outside. Who you’d see, what you might do. It didn’t matter; just getting outside was the important thing. I knew it would be good. It would be fun.

In the 4th chapter of 1 Chronicles, in the Bible, there’s a story about a man named Jabez. The whole story is related in just two brief verses, but it says a lot. In the amplified version, the word “territory” is translated as “border”. Kind of like the lines around a box, the border.

John 10:10* talks about that ‘zoe’ abundant life that God wants to give us. Certainly God is bigger than any box I might have put Him in It’s good to think outside the box, to not limit the Lord. Opening up to more of God and to what He wants; a good thing.

*The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP