NOT TOO FAR by Anastasia Joseph

I called to him again, "Dario, slow down". He stopped, turned around, smiled, waited for me to get a little closer then turned around and continued walking. This happened about every three minutes as we made the walk to the nearby supermarket. How can he walk so fast? I pondered.

Doesn't he realize that we're on a pretty busy road and I need him to stay close to me so that I can guide him or grab his hand before something bad happens? Whenever I felt that he was too far away from me my heart beated a little faster. "He's getting too far away, he should be closer." Each time he heeded my call and looked back, his
little cute smile sent a message, "Ok, I guess I'm too far ahead, I'll wait for you." And as I got sufficiently closer to him, I'd smile back, "It's ok now, you can continue".

The moral of the story: God allows us to follow our course in life, walking behind of us, watching us to be sure we are on the right track and gently guiding us. Whenever it looks as if we're getting too distant from Him, he calls us to slow down. We should heed his voice, stop, wait for Him to get closer and then await his permission to go on again. If, per chance, we venture off in the wrong direction, then that is when we get lost and have to retrace our steps to find Him as he patiently, and lovingly looks for us also. It is not he who is lost, but us. He is still on the right track but we strayed, therefore causing him to attempt to find us.

The most important thing is to heed His voice. I, myself am still struggling with this. But, if we do not heed his call to us to slow down, then we stray too far away and soon, in looking back, we may not even see Him. And then we become frantic! "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them,and they follow me" John 10:27

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP