LOST AGAIN By Sally I. Kennedy

..the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10 NKJV

The baby Jesus was lost again. I began searching and scouring the house.

The miniature wood carvings of Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and wisemen, had lived in Grandma's living room for well over a decade. Little silver-colored cups held the tiny crèche figures. They'd been a big attraction for every grandchild who ever toddled through the family.

After the kids' visits, I never knew where I'd find one or more of the figures, The baby Jesus was every child's favorite. Usually it was the baby Jesus who would be missing. Could be shoved under a sofa cushion, stuffed down the side of a potted plant, or even safely tucked into a drawer. Definitely somewhere they thought would be a safe place.

I always thought it amazing when I'd find them. So tiny, only about an inch and a half tall. This time, though, I was coming to a dead-end. I figured baby Jesus might be lost for good.

And then, there it was. Hidden just behind a photo frame.

Just as the miniature baby Jesus carving has never really been lost at our house, so are we never really lost once we confess our belief in Jesus as Lord. That is good news!

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP