A SECOND TOUCH By Sally I. Kennedy

Then...he.. began to see everything clearly.  Mark 8:25

In younger days, it didn’t matter if I got all the “face paint” on
before heading out. Make-up just wasn’t a priority. I was ok with, or
without it. Nowadays, however…..well that’s another story.

This morning I was hurrying to finish getting ready.  We were leaving
for the weekend, and there would be no time later in the day to re-do
the make-up.  I kept messing it up while rushing.

“If the light were just a little brighter”,  I mused, as I turned up
the rheostat high as it would go. That helped a little.

As I put the finishing touches on my makeup, I thought of the story in
the eighth chapter of Mark, that talks about seeing, but not clearly.
I love that story.  It’s the one about a second touch from the Lord.

As believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we are “in the
light”.  Sometimes, though, we need a second touch from the Holy
Spirit
to help us see more clearly.  Or a third, or fourth, or
hundredth.

The Lord is willing to do that at any time.  We just have to ask.

Mark 8:22-25  And they came to Bethsaida And they brought a blind man
to Jesus and implored Him to touch him. Taking the blind man by the
hand, He brought him out of the village; and after spitting on his
eyes and laying His hands on him, He asked him, "Do you see anything?"
And he looked up and said, "I see men, for I see them like trees,
walking around.” Then again He laid His hands on his eyes; and he
looked intently and was restored, and began to see everything clearly.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP