TIME OUT By Sally I. Kennedy

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. Proverbs 1:7

Remember when ‘time out’ was when the umpire called for a break? Then maybe you’re as old as I am. The little blue chair, off to the side in my daughter’s family room, is the “time out” spot. She has used it on only a few occasions. Her 2 1/2 year old quickly connected sitting there with disciplinary action.

Last winter my husband I and I rented a condo on our vacation. I saw the pictures in the bedroom, but it wasn’t until we had been there several days that I really looked at them, while resting, and simply being still. Interesting, I thought, how you have to get quiet to really see.

Same with snorkeling. We don’t do much of it anymore, but our familyused to. It is so quiet under the surface of the water. And if you stay still, and hover over a reef, it is amazing and wonderful what comes out and what you notice.

Likewise with the Word. The bible says, “Be still.” I add, “and look at what you see with your spiritual eyes, the eyes of your soul”.

For sure I need to discipline myself. Sitting still, looking, seeing, doesn’t come too naturally for me. I enjoy being on the move. However, setting aside just ten minutes, and putting my own self in ‘time out’, is bound to make a difference.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP