HAVE YOU SAVED YOUR DOCUMENTS Author Unknown

Sitting at the computer one day, I was typing a research paper. Setting the format for the page had been simple, spell check had found only a few errors, and I had done well in my vocabulary. I was just about finished with the body of the paper when suddenly, the power went off. My heart sank. I had been typing my paper but hadn't saved it. Maybe the program was one of those programs that saves it automatically for you. At least I hoped it was. I waited about 30 minutes and when the power came on, I ran to the computer. My heart pounding and mind racing, I wondered if the document had been saved. After searching the program and practically the whole computer, it was nowhere to be found. I had lost it all. The whole thing...gone! Why didn't I save it? It would've been so easy.

Our lives are like living documents. Everything we do, say, and think is recorded in God's Book of Life. But there are two kinds of "living documents," those that are saved and those that are not saved. Those who live their lives according to the will of God and the instruction of Jesus Christ, will have their "living documents" saved forever and ever in heaven. Those who live their lives in defiance of the will of God and the commandments of Jesus, will lose their them to the pit of fire.

How do you save your "living document?" It's easy. Jesus says, "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest... my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved (Romans 10:9).

You will never have to worry that your "living document" will be lost. You will never have to worry about losing it all.

Are you a saved or unsaved "document?"

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP