GOODBYE PINKS AND YELLOWS By Sally I. Kennedy

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

Early last month was Labor Day, annual traditional marking of close of summer. Time to say goodbye to pinks and yellows, hello taupes and tans. I have put it off as long as possible. It is now October, fully fall. I'm always sad when I put aside the pastel clothes in my wardrobe. It means my favorite season is over for another year.

I love the lazy days of summer, when the kids are out of school and everything seems a bit slower, more casual, and less "programmed". Swimming is my favorite form of exercise, and throughout summer I feel more fit.

There is a season for everything, the Bible says. The end of one thing is the beginning of another. When I can embrace the autumn, missing summertime fades.

In the Bible, the apostle Paul says if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17). This is a great example of moving on, displacing the past. Goodbye old......hello new.

This is good news.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP