COLOR THAT GRAY by Marion Smith

All right! I have accepted it! The time has come for me to receive professional help for this coloring the gray. I didn't much like that idea, especially the cost ,but I accepted it.

I have colored my own hair for a long time - covering the gray. It worked well for many years, but lately it has been looking dry and lifeless, bland and blah! Time for a profession to arise to the job at hand, so I went to my friends' stylist.

When I arrived, she took one look at my forlorn locks and said, "the first thing we have to do is strip away all that old buildup. Then, we can start afresh!" She applied something which removed all the impurities from my hair, and was ready to start the new treatment. The fresh materials were able to penetrate the shaft of hair, because all the old was removed. Her products were the best available and her
technique was definitely up to date. The results were just what I wanted - I had shiny, healthy looking hair.. a brand new me! I walked out of that salon with a smile on my face and a hole in my budget!

Our lives can become dry and lifeless just as my hair had become. We can try to lead a good life, do the right things, say the correct words and be, in general, a "good person." The truth of the matter is, however, that our own efforts are not effective long term. Sooner or later we will realize these efforts are not sufficient. There is still a void. The self care routine will not make it to the
finish line - no way, no how. We need to go to the professional of life - God, that is. When we call out to Him, he will answer us, and come to our aide. He will strip away all the old debris which has clung to our lives just like the impurities in my hair. He will do this by the power of Jesus' blood, which was shed for us on the cross. He will apply forgiven sin, His mercy, grace, joy and abundant love.
We will walk in the newness of life with a new attitude and a song of thanks in our hearts. Unlike the financial dent the hair episode had on my pocketbook, the freedom God offers comes to us prepaid. Jesus paid the price for us so many years ago. As he hung on that cross he paid for our sins and promised we would spend life eternal in the holy presence of The Father.

What a gift! What a Savior!

Do you need to get the impurities out of your life? I know just the one who can take care of this for you. Don't delay.....

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP