NO AGENDA By Sally I. Kennedy

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! Isaiah 65:24 NLT

Literally, I had no agenda. True, many things had been on my mind. Several situations I'd been mulling over. A few people that had been especially on my heart. Some unresolved relationships that were sort of stewing in the back corners of my brain.

You know, just things... Things that are on our minds, yet unspoken. Things that are on our hearts, and not shared. God knows them all. All.

So, I had no agenda when we went to this church for an evening service of refreshing and renewing. I just know that when there was a time to be quiet, to be still before the Lord, and this beautiful music was in the background, I began to zone out, let my mind wander.

As I sat there, just being thankful to be in the presence of the Lord, God began to speak softly to me. One by one, He spoke to the concerns of my heart. I began to be aware that He was sharing with me direction and answers to these unspoken concerns.

Later, I thought about how amazing God is. Amazing God! Amazing grace! How good to remember that God knows our deepest needs and desires before they are even fully formed in our minds, or on our lips. And, that in His time, the perfect time, He will answer. Even if we have `no agenda'.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for sharing the Word, the wisdom, the love of our heavenly Father with us. In the name of Jesus! Amen.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP