GOD, I CANNOT DO THIS ALONE By Stan Stoler

Three years ago, my wife and I sat in her hospital room waiting for Dr. Michael Santi, her physician, to visit with us. She had been diagnosed with colon cancer and was scheduled for surgery the next day.

He entered Linda's room with his usual smile, sat down on the edge of her bed and proceeded to explain what would take place in the operating room the following morning. Frankly, we were scared to death! But when he finished explaining the surgery, recovery time, etc., he calmly took Linda by the hands and held them heavenward.

"Linda," he said, "tomorrow our hands will be in His hands." Then he prayed the most magnificent prayer for my wife. "God, I cannot do this alone. I need your help," he said.

This was our first indication that Dr. Santi was a believer. What a God! In the midst of our frightening experience, God gave us a Christian doctor!

As I write this, I am seated in a waiting room of the same hospital. Linda has just had her annual check-up. It has been exactly three years since she had colon cancer surgery. Dr. Santi smiles as he enters the room.

"I have good news for you. Your wife is doing great---no sign of cancer or polyps anywhere!"

Yes, through the hands of a skilled surgeon, the prayers of God's people and the encouragement of loved ones, my wife has been healed.

In retrospect, I can testify that we were "changed" through this event. While cancer is truly a cruel disease, God is greater than any health problem we may encounter. You can trust him with your troubles...

As a result of the "cancer crisis" in our home, I have reached the conclusion that all good things come from God's hands. Our home, children, food, flowers, music, sunsets, rain, snow, and most of all LIFE, reflect His unconditional love.

"During our times of deepest sorrow,
When in the depths we're sinking low,
If we look up to our faithful Father,
Love and compassion to us will flow."

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP