MORNINGS By Sally I Kennedy

The Lord's great love...... his compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23

This morning I rolled out of bed with my eyes not quite open, and headed for the coffee pot. It might have resembled sleepwalking as I began unloading the dishwasher. Routinely, I stacked the cups and glasses to put in the cupboards. That was when I noticed a coffee stain in one of the mugs. And, there were only a couple of plates in the bottom of the dishwasher. "Oh, no!" I thought. "I hate when I do stuff like this." Especially early in the day. A morning person I'm not, to which my family and friends will quickly attest.

Everything went back in. I finished loading and ran it. Out of the corner of my eye, now much more open, I saw on the counter our daily calendar with the scripture verse for the day. Proverbs 17:22, "A cheerful heart is good medicine".

Into my mind popped, "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!! OK, so I started getting the message. And yes, it WAS a glorious day.

Mornings. They're like new beginnings. And thank God, He is gracious, because of his great love and compassion, to give us plenty of those. All we need, in fact.

That's good news.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP