BOTTLE IT UP! By Marion Smith

Our vacation in Pebble Beach was wonderful. The weather was delightful, food superb and we had perfect conditions for golf. The views of the ocean pounding against the sides of cliffs took my breath away. The happy antics of the sea otters frolicking in the ocean lifted my spirits, and the seals amused me as I watched them dive for food and sun on the rocks. The resonance of their barking to each other was a sound that was pleasing to me, as was the crashing of the waves as they rolled into shore. I experienced marvelous visual sights and sound, and when it was time to return home to reality, I wasn't ready to leave.

Sights and sounds so wonderful.... I wanted to bottle them up and take them home with me to keep the joy I experienced alive. I could just let a little of it out each time I faced a trial at home... I could recapture the way I felt - joy, peace and thrill of beauty unsurpassed.... I could allow the happy memories help me face the setbacks of the real world.

But of course, this was impossible, for we cannot "bottle up" joyful experiences and then just pour them out when we want a dab of them, like we would perfume.

There is, however, a bottle full of God's grace, and glory, peace and acceptance, faith, hope and love ready for us to receive. As a matter of fact, it says in the bible- Romans 5:5, that there is so much God wants to give us - we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit. That is wonderful news. I am so glad God has a miraculous way to share all He has with us. It is beyond human understanding, but I know from personal experience that if I go to the bottle of God's love, remove the stopper and ask for His help, He will pour into my spirit what I need. He does the same for all His children, for He loves us all equally.

Remember when you are in dire circumstances or the pressures of life are getting you down, just go to God's bottle of grace, and He will pour out to you a good measure, not just a dab, but a good measure of whatever it is you need. He is faithful!

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP