Tax Assessor Author Unknown

A tax assessor came one day to a poor pastor to determine the amount
of taxes the pastor would have to pay. The following conversation took
place;

"What property do you possess?" asked the assessor.

"I am a very wealthy man," replied the minister.

"List your possessions, please," the assessor instructed.

"First, I have everlasting life (John 3:16).

"Second, I have a mansion in heaven (John 14:2).

"Third, I have peace that passeth understanding (Philippians 4:7).

"Fourth, I have joy unspeakable (1 Peter 1:8).

"Fifth, I have divine love which never faileth (1 Corinthians 13:8).

"Sixth, I have a faithful precious wife (Proverbs 31:10).

"Seventh, I have healthy, happy obedient children (Exodus 20:12).

"Eighth, I have true, loyal friend (Proverbs 18:24).

"Ninth, I have songs in the night (Psalms 42:8).

"Tenth, I have a crown of life (James 1:12)."

The tax assessor closed his book, and said, "Truly you are a very rich
man, but your wealth is not subject to taxation.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP