FRAYED By Sally I. Kennedy

..that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that
you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together
with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is
the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—
that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:17-19

Cottony white, puffy clouds were dotting the azure backdrop of sky. I
watched from the porch a few minutes, pausing to take in the peace and
the beauty.

Suddenly those beautiful solid looking clouds that appeared so compact
began to fray at the edges. The appearance was as if something were
tugging at the outsides, pulling at the edges. The main parts of the
clouds, the core, stayed intact.

Frayed. What has happened to me when I appear to ‘have it all
together’; while looking ‘solid’ the edges begin to visibly fray.
That’s when it’s definitely time for me to get back to basics, take
some time to check priorities and take an inventory, a spiritual re-
evaluation.

I may become frayed from time to time, yet I won’t unravel all the way
with Christ at the core. Circumstances and people may pull on the
edges, but frayed won’t turn into a terminal condition.

That’s good news.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP