KNOWN ONLY TO HIM By Sally I. Kennedy

My soul finds rest in God alone...my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken…he is my refuge. Psalm 62:1-7

We were visiting from out of town, and arrived a little before the service started at a church downtown. We slid into seats on the side up near the altar. It felt so peaceful, and we were thanful for a place to worship, hear the Word of God and be with other believers.

Near us, I saw an older man come in and sit by himself. He was dressed; his body looked thin and fragile, yet strong. I couldn't see his face until passing him later. It was then I noticed the sadness in his eyes. His whole demeanor actually seemed sort of limp with, perhaps grieving.

My heart went out to him; I breathed a little prayer. I don't know him and probably never will. But I know someone who does.God alone knows our deepest thoughts. He alone knows our heart of hearts. In reality, we are known only to Him.

In 1952, Carl Stuart Hamblen wrote the words and music to the gospel song:

Known only to him are the great hidden secrets
I'll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim
I know not what the future holds
But I know who holds the future
It's a secret known only to Him

In this world of fear and doubt
On my knees I ask the question
Why a lonely, heavy cross I must bear
Then he tells me in my prayer
It's because I am trustworthy
He gives me strength far more than my share

Known only to him are the great hidden secrets
I'll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim
I know not what the future holds
But I know who holds the future
It's a secret known only to Him

How wonderful this same God is loving, kind, merciful, and comforting towards us.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP