SOMEONE ELSE'S BIRTHDAY By Sally I. Kennedy

She gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger. Luke 2:5-7

After Christmas, a couple years ago, I received an email from a family friend, a young mom who was commenting on her toddler's take on Christmas.

"I think my son will really look forward to Christmas next year - now that he gets it - on the kid level anyway. He knows it is Jesus' Birthday and I think he's pretty impressed that on someone else's birthday - he gets all the gifts!"

Short and sweet. Profound truth. The "kid level" is where I hope I'm at now this time of year has rolled around. For a lot of reasons, particularly because it's Someone else's birthday.

Happy birthday, Jesus!

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP