PROTECTION IN THE SHELTER By Marion Smith

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he cknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." -Psalm 91:14-16

A storm was blowing in from the Atlantic. The wind was howling, waves slapped the shore line and sand was blasting at a sharp clip, stinging me as I walked on the beach. I am always observant of the scene which God displays before me as I take my beach walks, and today was no exception. Today my eye was drawn to the difference between two set of trees. One set was out in the open- unprotected from the relentless wind - and taking a terrible beating! The other set had been planted in a sheltered area, with a house and a privacy wall affording
protection on two sides.

God tells us in Psalm 91, TLB. that He is our shelter; "We live within the shadow of the Almighty, sheltered by the God who is above all gods. ) He is our safe haven and we are protected under His wing. When the trials of this life slap me around and push me one way or another as the wind did to the unprotected trees, I will remember that I am in the sanctuary of God's love. What a wonderful place to abide! Won't you
join me there?

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP