DISCOVERED by Melanie Schurr

I recently "discovered" a profound musical talent named Andrea Bocelli. As reality has it, Mr. Bocelli, an Italian born tenor who is said to have the voice of an angel, has been around for many years, and I don't know how his beautiful voice could have escaped my ears for so long, but, well, such was my loss!

In my admitted ignorance, I called my mother to tell her about Andrea, knowing how she appreciates her own Italian heritage, as well as good classical music. However, much to my chagrin, when I called mom, she replied, "Oh! Of course I know who he is! I have loved his music for years!"

"You have?" I said as I felt my own excitement quickly drain from me.

Mom then went on to list a few of her favorite Bocelli songs; even going so far as to inform me of several CD's of his she now owns, which is quite shocking to me since my seventy-five year old mother has never even warmly embraced such modern technology as a personal computer, DVD player, etc.

After I hung up the phone and allowed all of this new information to digest, I couldn't help but also relate the issue to those individuals who walk the earth and go about their daily lives totally oblivious to God. Just as I missed out on this musical experience; proudly thinking I was "in the know," how many people are missing out on their very salvation because they think they know everything there is to know?

Prayer: "Heavenly Father, please forgive me for ignoring your Divine presence. I want to know You and Your will for my life. Come in to my heart, dear God, and let me know the depth of your love. This I ask in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen."

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP