POWERFULLY POWERLESS (from Didache)

Being in control or in charge is my idea of having power. I may be a Christian, but in the area of my life, work, career or future. I take pride that I'm my own master. I've been mastering this craft for quite some time now. Actually, I have already become comfortable with it. And I've been so used with this set up that I think that this is His will for me.

Until one day. Things were getting out-of-hand. The comfort that I've enormously enjoyed was drifting within my very hands. My core belief was shaken to its roots. Friends were nowhere to be found. I even thought the God who wouldn't leave me seemed so hard to find. I've never felt so powerless ever in my entire life.

Then, I realized that we are indeed powerless in and of ourselves. Powerless is not weakness, it is in fact, the first step to recovery and wholeness. And when I looked at the One who has all power, I was set free. And only then did I experience peace.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP